Friday, June 17, 2011

The Historical Novel Society Conference - 2011

I'm off for San Diego! (And barely over my jet lag from Europe. This is not my usual life!)

I've been eagerly anticipating this years HNS conference. Some of my favorite historical novelists will be there. It's a great way to meet other authors and learn about upcoming historical fiction.

This year, I'll be one of the panelists. I'll be speaking on Adult vs. Young Adult Fiction tomorrow morning, along with C.C. Humphreys, Pamela Bauer Mueller, and Dori Jones Yang. Gina Iorio is our moderator. It should be a lively discussion.

I expect to have a haul of books to report for Mailbox Monday!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic opportunity Susan. I'm sure you'll have a great time, both at the conference and in San Diego. I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great subject. I'm so tired of my writing being dismissed as inferior because I write for YA.
    I wish I could be there to participate in the discussion.
    I hope you blog about it.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was one of the best, most inspiring panels. And so wonderful to meet you, Susan!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Emma! I really enjoyed the villains panel and can't wait to read The King's Mistress. I'm glad I had the chance to have dinner with you!
    --Susan

    ReplyDelete