Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: 8/19-8/22

Book Blogger Hop



It’s Friday, time for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy-for-Books. We’re talking about LONG books this weekend. What’s the hop? Explanation below:

Are you a book blogger? Are you a reader? Then welcome to the place where all of us connect over the weekend and chat about books!

Not sure what a book blogger is and if you are one? Do you have a blog? Do you blog about books? Do you write book reviews on your blog? Do you rave about books and authors on your blog? Is your blog content primarily about books? Then you are most likely considered a book blogger!

How it Works

As long as you meet the qualifications of a book blogger, you may add your book blog link into the linky list at Crazy for Books. But before you do that, there are a few requirements. Read up, to save yourself a headache with the linky!



1. Before you add your link, you must post about the Hop on your blog and link directly back to THIS WEEK’S POST (not just the Crazy-for-Books domain, but the direct post for this Hop). The linky is going to review the link that you enter in your submission, looking for a link to this post on your blog. If it doesn’t find one, your link will not be approved. This is called back linking and I had to institute it because people were taking advantage of the Hop and getting some free advertising without promoting the Hop themselves. You can read more about this here.

2. While you are creating your post, answer the following question (there’s a new prompt each week)!

"What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?"
(Note: I’m putting one caveat on this question. You aren’t allowed to say the Bible, Torah, Qur’
an, or other religious/spiritual text.)

 

My answer: The longest book I ever read was Joseph and His Brothers by Thomas Mann. It’s a historical novel based on the biblical story of Joseph, but it’s literary fiction, it’s not an actual religious/spiritual text. The translation I read had 1492 small print pages. It was probably the best book I’ve ever read.

Possibly the next longest book may have been Gone with the Wind and I loved that too.

I guess if I didn't love the books I wouldn't have made it through them. How about you? Have you ever made it through a long book that you didn't love?


8 comments:

  1. I think Gone with the Wind might be mine too. At least it seemed like the longest, since I read it when I was very young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book, but it sounds fascinating. I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the tip on Joseph and his Brothers - sounds interesting! I love Gone With the Wind.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower - come by and visit us www.seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone with the Wind is a long one. The longest books I've read is are classics. Please come see which ones I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to read Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain very soon-it is a 500 + chunkster but nothing like the book you read-thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    For me if I don't like a book in the first few chapters then I don't finish reading it. So far I think the longest book I have read is Lord Of The Rings, all 3 books in one HUGE book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have put Gone With The Wind. I have my grandmother book that she bought when the book first came out.

    Following you on GFC. Stop by my blog and check out my Book Blogger Hop answer.

    ReplyDelete